Marketing Research Assistant (Economic Development & Tourism)
Development Counsellors International (DCI), an established New York City-headquartered marketing firm specializing in economic development and tourism marketing, is hiring a Marketing Research Assistant. Ranked a “Best Places to Work” by Outside Magazine in 2018, DCI nurtures the leadership skills of young professionals through hands-on training and professional mentoring. Do you have a passion for places and love working with data? Does extracting interesting insights to help tell a destination’s story appeal to you? Do you have incredible attention to detail? If so, read on because this is the job for you.
Reporting to the Vice President of Research, the Marketing Research Assistant will be responsible for partnering with account teams to help clients answer key business questions with research. This role will assist with the management of projects end-to-end across a roster of clients. From developing and programming surveys in the Qualtrics platform to analyzing primary and secondary data sources in Excel, preparing data for visualization in Tableau and synthesizing findings into actionable client recommendations.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the development and execution of surveys, from survey programming (using Qualtrics) to preparation of final deliverables. (Strong excel skills required to process large data sets and extract relevant findings.)
- Mining data from public and private data sources.
- Summarizing key findings and insights from primary and secondary research.
- Preparing client presentations in Google Slides and PowerPoint.
- Advancing data visualization initiatives using Tableau
- Analyzing public and private company data while utilizing propriety models and processes to develop prospect lists for direct marketing purposes.
- Reviewing targeted industry publications and briefing VP on key topics, including domestic and international investment trends and key trade and consumer travel trends, prepare blog posts showcasing relevant research trends.
- Communicating with executive team in support of thought leadership projects.
- Assisting with the research and preparation of company briefings and reports for clients.
- Generating fresh ideas on research products and assist with implementation.
- BA/BS – An academic background in the social sciences or statistics preferred
- Understanding of basic quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with Tableau
- Strong writing/verbal skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and pride yourself on accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and independently.
- An analytical mindset and curiosity about the “why” behind trends