Founded in 1961, the Council for Community and Economic Research (C2ER) is a membership organization that promotes excellence in community and economic research by providing:
- A robust network of industry professionals
- Training and insights provided by top industry experts
- Advocacy at the state and federal levels — along with the high-quality data needed to support robust advocacy initiatives.
C2ER has a network of 680+ actively engaged members in the economic research and public policy industries. C2ER fosters this network by hosting C2ER’s Annual Conference, and by offering member benefits such as:
- C2ER Member Database
- Discounts to the Annual Conference
- C2ER Member Exclusive LinkedIn Group
C2ER facilitates hundreds of experts each year to offer their insights into industry trends and advancements. We streamline this information by:
- Hosting timely webinars led by industry experts
- Offering expert-led training classes for all professional development levelsIssuing a weekly newsletter with headline articles, industry reports, and data visualizations that can be adapted to your organization and shared with stakeholders
C2ER is dedicated to equipping individuals, businesses, and government agencies of all sizes with the critical, high-quality data they need to contribute to their region’s economic growth.
C2ER’s data products include:
- Cost of Living Index – offering timely county, state, and metro level comparisons across the U.S. since 1968.
- State Economic Development Expenditures Database – hand collected from state budgets, the Expenditures Database offers a look into economic development program expenditures across all U.S. states and territories.
- State Business Incentives Database – compare business incentives and program categories offered in all U.S. states and territories.
- Economic Diversity Index – using county level data, compare the competitive diversity in your community to analyze the regional strengths and weaknesses.