Community, Economic, and Workforce Research Awards 2023
The C2ER awards program recognizes the contribution of creative research activities that benefit local, regional, or state community, economic, and workforce development initiatives.
All C2ER and LMI Institute members are eligible. The nominated organization must play a coordinating or leading role in the nominated project. Project must have been started or ongoing within the last two years.
Nominations should respond to at least one of the following research activities:
- Supporting business, economic, and workforce development activities
- Data collection, dissemination, or visualization projects
- Impact, program evaluation, or assessments
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Fostering collaborative community/regional initiatives
- Projects or policy analysis supporting federal, state, or local initiatives, such as pandemic recovery
Applicants must submit a summary describing the project’s goals, objectives, and innovation. Alternative formats including videos, websites, and interactive dashboards are encouraged.
Award Review Considerations:
Judges will review the nominated research or analysis for:
- Contribution to applied community, economic or workforce development research
- Innovative and collaborative approach or implementation
- Project using researchers with larger implementation team
- Response to a need
- Economic or other benefits that have resulted from implementing the project
- Quality of product or process
- Replicability for other C2ER and LMI Institute members
Judges reviewing award nominations will include representatives from the C2ER membership. The panel may select up to one winner in each category and an overall award for an innovative project. C2ER reserves the right to assign a nomination to a different category. C2ER also reserves the right to not select a winner in all categories.
Applicants must submit their nomination via this form by Thursday, Jan. 12, 2022. (DEADLINE EXTENDED!)
C2ER will present the awards throughout the C2ER Annual Conference June 13 – 15, 2023. Award winners should prepare to make a conference presentation about their winning project at the conference.