Economic Research Associate
Reports to: Senior Vice President Economic Research
Interfaces with: Business Recruitment, Marketing, Engagement and Advocacy Teams
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
Depending on the candidate’s abilities and background, he or she will assist the Economic Research department in a variety of projects that may include:
- 1. Collecting data for market analysis
- 2. Updating industry-specific databases and presentations
- 3. Assisting with business recruitment request for information response
- 4. Assisting with the writing and editing of economic intelligence and research content
- 5. Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) are required
- Candidate must be database-savvy or be able to learn and adapt quickly to using various databases
Helpful Skills: Knowledge of economic and demographic data sources, including U.S. Census and Bureau of Labor Statistics, is desired. Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce and data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS would be a plus. Experience responding to business recruitment requests for information is desired.
Education and Experience: This position is ideal for someone with a bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, geography, marketing, or related field, however a bachelor’s degree is not required. 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant in the economic development, real estate or public administration fields can be substituted for educational requirements.