The Greater San Marcos Partnership (GSMP), the economic development organization serving the City of San Marcos and the communities within Hays and Caldwell Counties, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly-organized project manager to provide support in a fast-paced environment with high visibility and interaction with regional business leaders.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Attraction
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: GSMP is a public-private partnership whose mission is to grow the regional economy through the attraction of high quality jobs and investment to the region. Our office is located on the historic square in the heart of downtown San Marcos. This individual will the first point of contact for visitors, from local guests to out-of-town corporate executives, and will be the first impression of our organization. Must be detail-oriented, adhere to strict quality standards, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds to incoming inquiries and requests from clients, site selection consultants, partners, and other lead sources.
- Develops a regional response template for RFIs
- Prepares responses to RFIs and aggregates necessary data and site information, in coordination with research analyst and other partners as necessary.
- Maintains pipeline database and regularly updates project status through internal CRM
- Creates reports in CRM to reflect pipeline status, trends, and other key data points
- Develops database of available sites and establishes relationships with brokers and developers to maintain that database up to date
- Utilizes Impact Datasource to conduct economic impact analyses consistent with regional incentive policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Political Science or related field. Actively pursuing Master’s Degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of industrial, demographic, infrastructure, government, and quality of life issues as they relate to business decisions for location and expansion.
- Experience working within a professional office environment.
- Postitive attitude and professional appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client-centered customer service skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Highly organized. Able to multitask and manage time wisely skills ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and willingness to learn new platforms. Ability or experience with databases.
- Able to work independently, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Must have dependable vehicle for office errands and local meetings; able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be available to work during regular business hours: Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.