Director, Labor Market Intelligence
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is the largest public institution of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and one of the largest community colleges in the nation. This role is responsible for managing NOVA’s labor market research efforts, including determining strategic objectives, allocating resources, and coordinating all labor market data reports, publications, and presentations. In addition to managing research projects and staff, the Director is responsible for ensuring the quality of data analyzed and published for public and private use, as well as for communicating research findings and actionable information to both internal and external stakeholders. The Director will maintain contacts at other state and local agencies (including regional economic development organizations and workforce development boards), education institutions, and community-based organizations as necessary to advance and inform NOVA’s labor market research. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for the Office of Strategic Insights. This is a mid-level position.
Duties and Tasks:
- This role requires frequent contact and collaboration with other departments, including college leadership.
- The Director will regularly provide college, department, and program leadership with labor market data and analysis relevant to determining the workforce needs and alignment of any current or anticipated credit and non-credit programs.
- The Director is also responsible for developing, publishing, and maintaining a suite of research and career navigation products, including labor market dashboards, quarterly briefs, and workforce profiles.
- In addition, the Director will develop and publish original research content including in-depth research reports, briefs, articles, and blog posts, and will partner/coordinate with other organizations to develop and execute collaborative research projects, such as the annual Northern Virginia Workforce Index.
- The Director will support marketing and communications efforts to demonstrate the value of NOVA to the local region, which includes delivering presentations on labor market data and trends related to NOVA to community groups and partners.
- The Director will manage other staff to accomplish the above responsibilities, including the supervision and guidance of at least one labor market research analyst.