Supervisory Management Analyst (Data Governance)
This position is located in the Department of Program Services (DPS), Judiciary Data and Analysis Office (JDAO), Data Governance Division, Data Programs and Policy Branch.
The Data Programs and Policy Branch is responsible for developing and assisting in the implementation of data management and data governance policy and standards within the judiciary; supporting JDAO programs with policy-related inquiries regarding data management (e.g., impact on data, access to data); and supporting all data governance and data stewardship frameworks and bodies within the JDAO as well as the broader AO and federal judiciary.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading and managing day-to-day activities of the Data Programs and Policy Branch including supervision of staff and promoting a collaborative team approach to work.
- Supporting the work of enterprise-level data governance and stewardship groups, including the AO Data Governance Board, Judiciary Data Working Group, and related sub-groups.
- Leading the implementation of the judiciary’s data governance platform to help improve data quality, data usage, and self-service analytics.
- Developing data policies and standards and coordinating judiciary-wide data security categorization efforts.
- Defining performance and quality metrics and ensuring compliance with data-related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy to increase awareness of data governance, outcomes, and policies, including but not limited to a data literacy campaign, data conferences, and data training.
- Providing an in-depth understanding of the statute, policy, and history of judiciary data with a particular emphasis on caseload data housed within JDAO.