Supervisory Demographer (Research Data Supervisor II)
The California Department of Finance is hiring for a Research Data Supervisor II in the Demographic Research Unit! This role will supervise the planning, methodology and production of city estimates, and the preparation of various reports and memos and advise on demographic and housing issues.
This is a Hybrid-Based Position, which requires employees to work in our Downtown Sacramento office for a minimum of two days during the workweek.
- Planning, organizing, and managing research projects, reviewing written and oral research for consistency and analytical aspects, monitoring workflow and quality, and evaluating work processes.
- The incumbent also ensures that cross- checking by staff is done to complete staff work; distributes staff as needed to complete assignments; review completed staff work; and ensures that deadlines for data releases are met.
- Performance of these duties requires coordinating with staff, working with other state agencies, conferring with local governments, and meeting with the Federal government staff and other associations affiliated with local governments.
- Stays abreast of theoretical developments and analytical techniques and updates.
- Provide consultative advice to the Department’s administration, state and local government agencies; working with private agencies as requested through telephone conversations, written reports, or oral presentations on a wide variety of demographic issues; and conferring with the media as needed.