Strategic Performance Analyst
Position Title: Strategic Performance Analyst
Department: Strategic Investment & Policy
Reports To: Strategic Performance Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Strategic Performance Analyst will work to advance data-informed decision making, build the capacity of WEDC and partners to engage with analytics and pursue innovation, and leverage these skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems. The Strategic Performance Analyst will identify opportunities and improvements in business processes with respect to data governance and management, apply statistical knowledge to summarize agency and contextual economic data, and manage cross-divisional projects that reach throughout the agency.
The Analyst will spend a majority of their time in these activities:
- Support the emerging focus on the use of data and centralized reporting to inform strategies and investment decisions.
- Help to build systems and processes to leverage data for better transparency and decision making.
- Create and maintain data dashboards to provide insight into business processes and economic enviroment.
- Contribute to ongoing data governance and data management efforts.
- Research program measurement and evaluation techniques and consult onidentifying relevant program metrics and measures.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research and analyses to help guide program development and evaluation.
- Perform secondary data analysis for internal and external customers including the diagnostics of data consistency problems and identification of appropriate solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to develop data sources and collection methods for meaningful performance primary and secondary measures.
- Assist in developing agency-wide infrastructure and technology adoption that inform on status and performance
- Work to identify, scope, gather data for, execute, and prepare statistical, narrative, and visual reports for project and program impact
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience in data management, economics or economic development evaluation, information systems, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, related field or commensurate experience in economic development, business, finance, public policy, or economics.
Skills and Talents:
- Understanding of how economic development programs operate.
- Understanding of database theory and practice.
- Experience with developing, demonstrating, and deploying data reporting tools.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and data management best practices.
- Familiarity retrieving and analyzing commonly used state and federal economic reporting data.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skil
- Exceptional research, writing, and communication skills required.
- Strong project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- National and state-wide travel will occur on an occasional basis, less than 20% of the time. Travel is anticipated to include day and overnight travel.
- Based on the responsibilities of this position, this position may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.