Senior Director, Economic Development Research & Analysis
ABOUT US: The Allegheny Conference on Community Development is one of the nation’s leading economic and community development organizations. The Conference brings together public and private sector leaders around a shared regional agenda designed to improve the economic future and quality of life of the 10-county Pittsburgh region. Collectively, the Conference and its affiliates – the Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce, the Pennsylvania Economy League of Greater Pittsburgh, and the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance – work as one to drive strategic and inclusive economic development in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate strategic areas of regional economic development issues.
- Build and implement analytical models to prototype and validate economic development scenarios, factoring in evolving regional dynamics and various programmatic and policy interventions.
- Provide research and strategic insights to the development of industry cluster strategies.
- Author white papers, reports and presentations, and conduct briefings to inform internal and external audiences including board members, business leaders, economic development partners, public and private officials, and other groups as appropriate.
- Champion the use of quality data and research across the organization, assist in developing relevant skills and capacities among team members.
- Cultivate purposeful partnerships and collaborate to advance the organization’s economic development research capabilities and provide thought leadership to regional stakeholders.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries and requests related to economic development research.
- Balance multiple priorities, working independently or participating as part of a cross-functional team, keeping others informed through clear written and verbal communication, and maintaining a high productivity level.
- Contribute to the organization’s efficiency by performing other duties and participating in special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Expertise: Education and knowledge demonstrating deep expertise in applied social science research. Strong grasp of research methodologies and tools. Familiarity with macro and micro economic and community development issues.
Experience: At least ten years of demonstrated experience in market research, economic analysis, real estate research or economic development is required.
Skills: Strong proficiency in data analytics, including relevant tools and software.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.