Senior Associate, Research
AdvanceCT is a nonprofit with a mission to grow an equitable economy and living wage jobs in Connecticut for the benefit of all of its residents and businesses.
The Senior Associate, Research, located at the company’s office in New Haven, CT, is a member of the research team, which supports AdvanceCT’s business attraction, retention and expansion initiatives and works on special economic development projects. AdvanceCT is a relatively flat organization, affording the Senior Associate regular exposure to senior team members and direct involvement in high impact projects and important strategic initiatives. The Senior Associate will gather data, conduct research and analysis, prepare and deliver presentations and represent AdvanceCT at meetings and conferences. The team undertakes group projects such as:
- Demographic, labor, economic and fiscal trend analyses, key findings and implications
- Business intelligence, state assets and trend analysis
- Industry, supply chain, and workforce analysis
- Surveys to gauge perceptions of business climate or awareness of issues
- Data development and presentation to support business cases
- Benchmarking and best practice studies of regional or local economic performance
- Statistical model design to determine correlations and other relationships among data
Desired Candidate Qualifications
We are seeking strategic problem solvers with proven analytical capabilities, interest in policy deep dives and excellent written and verbal communication skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, business or a related field and at least 4 years prior of analyst or like experience or an advanced degree is preferred. A working knowledge of business and economic data sources, experience with visualization software and regression model software (such as STATA) and fluency with MS Office, particularly excel and powerpoint, are favorable. Intellectual curiosity and the ability to distill and synthesize complex information, summarize key insights, and clearly communicate conclusions are key.
AdvanceCT is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity, equity and inclusion.
AdvanceCT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Ms. Natalie Rosenbaum at email@example.com