Research Manager, Global Epicenter of Mobility (GEM)
The Detroit Regional Partnership (DRP) seeks a Research Manager to support research initiatives related to the recently awarded US EDA Build Back Better Regional Challenge Grant. This grant provides funding for six unique projects under the banner of the Global Epicenter of Mobility (GEM), all centered on ensuring that the Detroit region retains and expands its global mobility and automotive leadership.
Through an inclusive and equitable lens, GEM will help the Detroit Region redefine every aspect of mobility – from the cutting-edge technology that moves people and goods in new and exciting ways to creating quality new jobs and readying new sites for business. GEM’s vision is to accelerate economic growth by building on the region’s unrivaled mobility assets. It will create a smart, secure, sustainable, and inclusive advanced-mobility industry, starting with the transition to next-generation electric, autonomous, and fully connected vehicles. Simply put, it will support workers, startups, and companies as they adapt to the new high-tech advanced mobility industry as it rapidly evolves. We are building an inclusive prosperous 21st century in which every resident will benefit.
The GEM research team, led by the Vice President of Mobility & Research, will support DRP’s signature GEM program by delivering the cutting-edge research and data that program partners need to transform the region’s existing mobility ecosystem. The Research Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Mobility & Research. With your deep knowledge of research analytics, attention to detail and passion to make transformational change, you will excel in this dynamic, mission-driven role. This 4-year grant funded position offers unparalleled opportunities to expand your network and the chance to drive massive, positive impact for the Region we call home.
About the Role:
- Support the Vice President with the development and management of research related RFPs following federal grant procurement procedures and lead research with consultants
- Manage all logistics related to the convening of the Research workgroup, comprised of key industry stakeholders including industry & industry associations, education, economic & community development, labor and government
- Create and track the grant outcomes and metrics through development of a metrics dashboard, GEM assets map and data and central research repository
- Support the Vice President in advancing work priorities established by the Research workgroup
- Conduct social network analysis of the Detroit Region’s mobility ecosystem
- Support DEI & sustainability research initiatives
- Support co-recipient research requests
- Collaborate with marketing and communications to promote grant outcomes and research findings
- Assist with the bi-annual federal reporting of research related activity via GEM Central
- All other duties as assigned by the VP of Mobility and Research
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to economics, business, economic development, business administration, statistics, urban planning or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a research focused role
- Strong knowledge of the Detroit Region’s automotive and mobility industry is highly
- Familiarity with grant requirements and reporting
- Excellent quantitative and/or qualitative research skills
- Sound knowledge of research ethics and data management
- Strong understanding and experience with large data sets, both public and private source
- Experience writing proposals and working with consultants
- Demonstrated experience with various data visualization platforms strongly recommended (e.g., tableau, PowerBI, Excel, PowerPoint, others, ESRI familiarity preferred etc.)
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas for data visualization
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
When you join the DRP, you will be part of a small but talented team – a mission minded group of individuals you will be proud to work with. You will be surrounded by supportive leaders that will allow you to map out your career path. With amazing networking opportunities, and executive exposure, you will grow professionally.
DRP is proud to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement contribution match, health insurance (medical, dental, vision), parental leave and life insurance.
Are you ready to do what you love with us? Submit your resume and any relevant supporting materials for consideration to Darrell Maurer at Darrell.email@example.com.
DRP is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.