As DEED’s Research Director, overseeing Minnesota’s Labor Market Information Office, you will lead DEED’s efforts to analyze and communicate research and information that is critical to understanding the economy. You will help DEED better support the internal and external customers who depend on its analysis for decision making. With a passion for data, you will empower others with relevant research and information, and have an eye for partnerships that expands the reach and impact of our data and analysis.
We are looking for an energetic, collaborative, and visionary leader to effectively communicate labor market information and other tools for dissemination. As the Director, enhancing the culture and building a high performing team will be critical to the success of the incumbent.
This position will be part of the Senior Leadership Team at DEED directly reporting to the Deputy Commissioner for Economic Development and Research.
To receive credit for your education and experience, your resume should clearly describe how you meet each minimum and/or preferred qualification listed, including dates of employment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a related field as determined by the agency.
- 5 years professional experience performing research related tasks which may include:
- Collecting, consolidating, and publishing primary data to provide innovative research, drive data collection, management and governance of labor market research and workforce statistics
- Standard statistical techniques, analytic skills, and database development
- Translating data sets into stories for broader audiences
- Ability to communicate and share information to relate results effectively to a broad audience and conduct public presentations.
- Experience sufficient to perform supervisory duties.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse client set.
- An advanced degree in Economics, Research Administration, Research Design, Research Methodology, or a related field as determined by the agency.
- Experience with economic research and analytical techniques related to current economic events.
- Experience with public and media relations.
- Project management and coordination experience, including strategic planning and budgeting.
- Ability to share information and negotiate with other state leaders, federal, and legislative representatives to serve as a conduit for presenting the products generated.