The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Collects, manages, and reports data in support of economic development initiatives. Uses online resources such as STDB, NC Employment Security Commission, JobsEQ, and Bureau of Labor Statistics etc. to update and maintain reports used by team members, companies, and site consultants. Reporting must always be current and relevant.
- Responds to formal Requests for Information (RFIs) by prospective relocating/expanding companies and site consultants. Works with team members to assemble and format RFI responses by strict deadlines. This includes completing site information, county and state demographics and mapping for the RFI.
- Delivers daily research and information requests includes, but not limited to: research of particular economic development subjects or industries; changes within specific industries or companies; research regarding lease/sold buildings in county; utility information; specific employment information.
- Maintains select databases for the organization. Solely responsible for the Sites & Buildings database for Gaston County; Information is uploaded and viewable on Charlotte Regional Business Alliance, NC Commerce, and EDC website. Updates building information as needed, as well as produces supplemental information for each building such as maps, demographics, etc.
- Creates frequently used maps of Gaston County for the public, site consultants, website use and marketing materials. Develops maps in accordance with technical guidelines and client needs; develops maps through GIS software. Interprets aerial photography, land records and drawing to determine effective presentation of Information through GIS software.
- Yearly/Quarterly/Monthly Updates: Responsible for collaborating with local companies and municipalities/partners to create/maintain database for Industrial Directory. Maintains fact books on annual basis. Researches and updates information for Economic Indicators on Quarterly basis.
- Works closely with Permitting Department on monthly permits for County to create monthly Community Investment Reports. Information provided to the NC Department of Commerce for statewide report. Conducts additional research through the County’s GIS system and internet resources to capture most recent information.
- Participates and gathers information for the newly developed Apple Creek Corporate Center, Complies data for marketing flyers, create new site packages for clients, organizes all development documents and oversees contracts.
- Website and Social Media – Responsible for changes and updates to information published on website. Manages all social media outlets, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Attends Industry announcements and other meetings; updates public through social media.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires BA/BS degree and 5+ years’ experience in Economic Development, Research, GIS or similar database management. Must have strong computer skills. Must be proficient in EXCEL, WORD, Acrobat and experience using the ArcMap GIS program. Familiarity with demographic data such as census and state data, and research techniques including statistics is desired. The candidate selected must undergo and pass a drug-screening test prior to employment.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL OR ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed mostly in an office setting. Must be an independent and strategic thinker. Hand and eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.