This position will conduct research and analysis to support key initiatives in economic development, industry clusters, and talent creation/attraction. This person would excel at telling the Dallas-Fort Worth “story” using various information, data or knowledge and create clear, compelling presentations that can stand on their own or complement research studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is intended to identify the essential functions of a position and
should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform or assume additional job-related responsibilities
other than those stated in this job description. Typical duties include:
- Compile, create, query, map and analyze economic, labor, and demographic data through primary and secondary research.
- Maintain a current knowledge of economic and business conditions. Monitor economic, demographic, and industry trends for relevance to various initiatives.
- Respond to research requests from internal and external sources.
- Assist in development of reports, dashboards, publications, and presentations
The Analyst is responsible to the Senior Vice President, Research and Innovation at Dallas Regional Chamber and WFSDallas Research Manager within established Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas, State and Federal guidelines and regulations. Work is performed under general supervision. Acts on own initiative to develop, implement, evaluate, and improve activities in relation to overall agency goals and established guidelines and regulations. The position has no staff supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in market research, economics, geography, public policy, business, or related field.
- Working knowledge of local business economics, existing Dallas/Fort Worth companies, area labor force dynamics, leading industry sectors, and other socio-economic and regional issues.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with data manipulation and mastery of Excel and working knowledge of ArcGIS. Prefer experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau and MS Power BI. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information effectively, objectively, and clearly to a non-technical audience