Resonance (resonanceco.com) is a leading global consultancy and branding agency for the world’s best cities, destinations, districts, and developments.
Our projects take us around the world, from developing new tourism products in Saudi Arabia to branding Europe’s Capital City, Brussels; from conceiving a new neighborhood in downtown Miami to unpacking new travel trends for Destination Canada. We also publish the World’s Best Cities rankings, the most widely-read and respected city ranking in the world, and produce WRLDCTY, the Global Forum for Urban Innovation, which brings the planet’s most creative minds together to help shape the future of cities around the world.
To help serve our growing roster of international clients, we’re now seekingto hire a Research Analyst to join our team.
As part of Resonance’s research team, the Research Analyst will be a key resource to develop research materials, conduct analysis and draft / produce reports for a variety of client projects. In addition, they will be responsible for assisting with research activities as we organize and implement a series of Best Cities rankings.
Reporting to the Research Director, the Research Analyst will be responsible for collecting, developing, and evaluating best in class resources that support our clients’ goals and marketing projects. They will have excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team. They’ll develop innovative research processes, including project planning, data collection/analysis, and reporting.
● Collects and analyzes key third-party statistics and produces infographics, charts, reports and presentations with respect to the livability of cities, economic development, tourism, and real estate
● Conducts, analyzes and produces high quality work requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed methodology
● Synthesizes large amounts of information and communicates key findings clearly and concisely
● Contributes to the the development, deployment, analysis, and reporting of online surveys and other quantitative research programs for clients
● Contributes to research articles, marketing materials, and reports
● Supports research projects of varying complexity utilizing knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
● Works closely with the team to carry out all phases of research activities
● Manages project resources, including assets from client and internal documents
● Other duties, as required
● Undergraduate degree with specialization in social sciences, economics, business, statistics, any other field relevant to the position
● Strong quantitative skills and an aptitude for numbers
● Experience accessing and utilizing demographic, economic and population data from international data sources (e.g. Eurostat, OECD, etc…) and/or major national sources (e.g. U.S. Census
Bureau, Statistics Canada)
● Experience with statistical analysis
● Advanced MS Excel skills and experience with data visualization
● Experience in MS Access and database management is an asset
● Ability to work as part of a collaborative team or independently
● Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
● Detail-oriented, organized, and possesses finely-tuned skills in data collection and compiling information
● Experience in, or a passion for economic development, tourism, cities, place-making, public engagement, and real estate development
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset
How to Apply
Please email your resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until it is filled.