Northern Virginia Community College’s Office of Strategic Insights is seeking a Research Analyst to join its labor market research team. This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career research professional interested in workforce development and higher education.
This role is responsible for analyzing data, conducting research, and communicating insights into the Northern Virginia job market and student employment outcomes. As part of their job duties, the Research Analyst will:
- Carry out exploratory and statistical analyses of core labor market, economic, and demographic data sources to identify and communicate regional trends that may impact the College and its students.
- Review labor market data related to current and proposed credit and non-credit programs to determine alignment with workforce needs.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for labor market data and analysis from internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a suite of data resources and publications, both static and interactive, that effectively communicate labor market data to non-technical audiences.
- Write original research content including reports, articles, blog posts, and social media posts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, public policy, social sciences, or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- Working experience performing research or data analysis (can include research assistant and/or internship experiences).
- Prior experience working with higher education and/or labor market data.
- Some working experience of Tableau or Power BI.
- Some working experience of R, SAS, or another statistical software or programming language is a plus.
- Some working experience of ArcGIS is a plus.