The Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) serves as a catalyst for a more prosperous and vibrant metro Atlanta. To advance economic growth and improve our quality of place, MAC is focused on starting, growing and recruiting companies to our 29-county region. We’re also focused on growing our innovation economy by promoting and strengthening connections to drive Atlanta’s innovation and entrepreneurial culture. MAC is committed to being an active voice for the business community, serving as an advocate for a competitive business climate and telling Atlanta’s story.
About the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) Economic Research Team
The Economic Research team values consistency, teamwork, and creativity. Our team provides valuable data, research, and analysis across MAC departments to support MAC’s strategic plan. We invest in and nurture strong relationships with fellow researchers in the region and engage with partner organizations as a reliable resource. The Economic Research team provides high quality, up-to-date, and trustworthy content in a variety of ways. We synthesize data from both private and public databases as well as conducting primary research for MAC publications. We deliver information and resources necessary for companies evaluating metro Atlanta for business investment. We care about Atlanta and strive to make our region better.
The Research Analyst reports to the Director of Research. The team also includes MAC’s Chief Economist and a Research Intern.
- Deliver daily research and information requests to Economic Development team members who work to attract, expand and retain businesses.
- Respond to formal Requests for Information (RFI’s) by prospective relocating/expanding companies and site consultants; work in concert with MAC Economic Development team members and economic development/community partners to assemble and format RFI responses by required deadlines.
- Support internal research projects for MAC Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Public Policy/Workforce Development, Investor Relations and Communications & Marketing teams.
- Update/produce metro Atlanta documents (e.g. Metro Atlanta, Georgia, and Higher Education Rankings; Company Announcements of New Locations and Expansions; Atlanta Presentation).
- Maintain data for metro Atlanta; monitor news and data releases.
- Prepare comparative data for various metro areas.
- Research companies, industries, particular subjects or trends.
- Manage GIS capability and produce maps upon request.
- Manage the C2ER quarterly cost of living index survey of goods and services.
- Be a resource for other MAC teams, MAC investors and the general public as needed (e.g. fact check for Communications department; answer calls and emails requesting information).
- Assist with training and supervision of Research Intern on particular projects or data tools.
- Assist with other demands as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Public Policy or a related field.
- Prior work experience in a research position; economic development or commercial real estate research experience preferred.
- Familiarity with companies, industries, counties and cities, economic indicators and demographics in metro Atlanta (29-county region).
- Proficiency with various data sources (e.g. Census Bureau; Bureau of Labor Statistics; Bureau of Economic Analysis).
- Intermediate experience with Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS preferred.
- Demonstrated experience applying research and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet searching and database querying.
- Ability to compile, organize, analyze and present data from multiple sources.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer service mindset and work ethic to turnaround research requests in short order.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and manage through completion.
- Reliable with managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with internal and external parties.