JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
Summary of Position
JobsOhio seeks a research and analytical professional to support its mission. JobsOhio’s Research division is an important aspect of what differentiates JobsOhio from other statewide economic development organizations. This role helps deliver customized data and analysis relevant to company decision-makers when considering investment in Ohio. Additionally, Research fuels statewide marketing and business development by creating insights about what Ohio has to offer to new and existing businesses.
The Research Analyst position will provide technical assistance to internal and external clients and works in coordination with national, state and regional partners. The Research Team provides support for client requests, but also supports strategic planning, marketing, business intelligence, due diligence, and evaluation efforts at JobsOhio.
The Research Analyst will have a strong, working knowledge of research and analysis methods, tools and efficiencies, with the ability to understand the problem or task, analyze and extract relevant data points from the appropriate tools and provide succinct information using charts, graphs and other formats that tell a story the audience can quickly comprehend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Research Tools and Methods
- Establish research project plans, and negotiate deadlines accordingly, while maintaining positive rapport with internal clients.
- Utilize new and existing public and proprietary data tools and research methods.
- Assist in transfer of knowledge to other teams.
- Analyze Data
- Identify industry trends, suspects and leads both for existing and new opportunities for Ohio.
- Document processes used in transforming raw data.
- Interpret and Present Data
- Interpret research results and translate into clear conclusions.
- Identify trends, establish/utilize benchmark data, and present information in clear, concise, and useful formats.
- Quantify and present key assets such as cost and speed of business.
- Explain the results of analysis and suggest further research.
- Other Expectations
- Collect and curate data and reports, collate information, draft executive summaries; prepare scheduled reports and summaries.
- Learn research tools, best practices and collaborate on new projects.
- Assist with analytical work for active client projects by providing data and presentation materials.
- Provide clear communication of roadblocks, opportunities, resources, to team leadership, and external partners, as requested by leadership.