The position of Research Analyst reports to the Director of Research and Analytics and will be assisting and performing analytical work related to strategic initiatives, business development and competitiveness programs and policies for GPEC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, collect, organize, and analyze economic data for metropolitan areas, states, and municipalities from various sources.
- Proactively research new data sources and develop new analytical approaches and tools to improve the research team’s analyses and products.
- Develop and support strategies to further business development efforts around exports and foreign direct investment.
- Compile information to make a compelling business case for prospective clients interested in the region.
- Interface with community members to facilitate collection and assembly of relevant information with clients.
- Provide research support and advice to other internal teams to co-develop marketing materials, strategic documents, and other analyses consistent with the organization’s economic development objectives.
- Track latest developments in economic development and innovation policies at the federal, state, local, and international levels.
- Conduct competitive market and industry analyses, including but not limited to emerging industry sectors.
- Monitor and analyze domestic and global macroeconomic trends.
- Develop financial and economic impact modeling and conduct analysis.
- Create data visualizations and maps.
- Participate and contribute to GPEC leadership councils in the areas of international business development, healthcare, and strategic initiatives.
- Write concise and effective briefs, reports, white papers, and presentations.
- Deliver presentations and reports verbally to management and external stakeholders.
- Manage multiple research projects simultaneously without missing delivery deadlines.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- BA/BS degree or higher in economics, business, public policy, geography, urban and regional planning, or related fields is preferred.
- Experience with GIS, Python, R and/or economic and fiscal modeling preferred
- One to three years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Work within a team of both full time staff and interns to complete projects and assure accuracy in reporting.
- Strong familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research design and techniques.
- Highly motivated self-starter who works well independently and with teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with high-level decision-makers.
- Sense of urgency to meet or exceed goals.
- Professional demeanor at all times.