The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is actively recruiting for the Research Analyst role.
At the EDPNC, our most valuable resource is our people. We are committed to building a team that draws strength from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We value everyone’s individual talents and contributions to our collective accomplishments. By setting our standards high, we aspire to success, while creating positive results for our stakeholders and advancing our state’s economic well-being.
As a Research Analyst, you will support the market research efforts of the EDPNC to attract jobs, investment and talent to the state and assists with efforts that grow existing businesses. The Analyst is a high-caliber member of the Research group that partners with the Marketing, Business Recruitment, Business Development and Business Services teams to define, develop and execute qualitative and quantitative research that positions North Carolina as a competitive location to do business.
Here is what you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Gather, analyze and present relevant community and statistical information related to the Partnership’s clients and prospects, generating data insights and effectively communicating findings in response to Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals.
- Develop and maintain research systems to support the analysis, visualization, and reporting of economic and community data for internal customers and local economic development organizations.
- Conduct research and analysis to understand North Carolina’s competitive position and develop resources that highlight North Carolina’s competitive advantages and industry strengths.
- Source company leads to support the organization’s business development efforts for recruitment, expansion and international trade functions.
- Provide data and industry-specific pitch points to Marketing Team for use on website, in collateral and advertising.
- Support partners, stakeholders and local organizations in research efforts pertinent to the state’s economic development priorities.
- Develop and maintain surveys utilizing the Qualtrics platform, analyze results, and present findings to senior management to encourage and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Clear Communicator – can effectively communicate with colleagues and partners on project needs, timelines and deliverables.
- Customer-service focused – reliable and highly responsive to stakeholders.
- Curious – possesses genuine intellectual curiosity and has strong desire to learn.
- Keen attention to detail – consistently delivers high-quality and accurate data and information.
- Organized – effectively manages multiple competing projects and deadlines.
- Creative – strategic thinker that proactively identifies and delivers value-added research services and information to stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable – working knowledge of data analysis and visualization techniques; able to effectively distill relevant insights and clearly communicate findings.
- Initiative – self-starter and strong team player that can both work independently and collaborate effectively with the team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, marketing, library and information science, or similar field. Master’s degree, preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in market research or economic development.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel, data analysis and data visualization.
- Experience with Qualtrics software and/or survey design and GIS mapping software, preferred.