This position will support the EDPNC’s Business Recruitment, Business Development, Business Services and Marketing teams by defining, developing, and executing research work related to current and proposed projects as well as targeted marketing initiatives.
- Gather, analyze and present relevant community and statistical information related to the Partnership’s clients and prospects, generating data insights and effectively communicating findings in response to Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals;
- Develop and maintain research systems to support the analysis, visualization, and reporting of economic and community data for internal customers and local economic development organizations (this includes, but is not limited to, maintaining the NC Community Investment Report and reporting on international trade trends);
- Conduct research and analysis to understand North Carolina’s competitive position and develop resources that highlight North Carolina’s competitive advantages and industry strengths;
- Provide data and industry-specific pitch points to Marketing Team for use in the website, industry brochures, and digital and print advertisements;
- Develop surveys utilizing the Qualtrics platform, analyze results, and present findings to senior management to encourage and facilitate data-driven decision-making;
- Other duties as the supervisor deems necessary;
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, marketing, library and information science, or similar field required.
- Master’s degree in any of the above fields a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in economic development or market research required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, data analysis and data visualization required.
- Experience with Qualtrics software and/or survey design and GIS mapping software preferred.
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Considerable working knowledge of data analysis and visualization techniques; demonstrated ability to effectively generate data insights and communicate findings
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong team player who is a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with partners and colleagues on project needs, timelines and deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively