The Economics Research Department at the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank is recruiting several Research Analysts (RA) and seeks exceptional college graduates with a strong background in economics, mathematics, and statistics. Most RAs stay with the department for two to three years before leaving to attend graduate school or pursue other opportunities. Several positions are available for RAs to start mid-summer to fall 2021.
The staff of the Economics Research Department at the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank advises the Bank’s president on monetary policy and conducts innovative analysis and research on a variety of topics, including macroeconomics and monetary policy, applied microeconomics, and finance.
About the Position
- Motivated and exceptional college graduates with a strong academic record in economics, mathematics, finance, statistics, computer science, or in related fields.
- Proficiency with at least one statistical software package or programming language (e.g., Stata, R, Python, SQL, Julia or Matlab).
- Strong communication skills and extensive experience working collaboratively.
- Experience in working with micro data is a plus.
- RAs assist staff economists in the analysis of current public policy issues and events including topics such as monetary policy, the state of the US and global economy, development in financial and housing markets, etc. This may include running and maintaining financial, banking and macroeconomic forecasting models or preparing background material for briefings with the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank president.
- RAs assist staff economists in their research activity, allowing them to work on a broad array of applied and theoretical topics. Most RAs will provide statistical and computational analysis to support staff economists.