Do you enjoy working as part of a fast-paced, results-oriented team with a start-up mentality and a “can do” attitude? If so, consider joining AdvanceCT, a private nonprofit corporation that drives job creation and new capital investment in Connecticut through high-impact economic development including business attraction, retention and expansion. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The Research Analyst, located at company headquarters in New Haven, CT, will be involved in nearly all facets of the organization’s operations. The Analyst will be a member of the research team, which in turn supports marketing, partnerships and business recruitment. AdvanceCT is a relatively flat organization, affording the Analyst regular exposure to senior team members and direct involvement in high impact projects and important strategic initiatives. The Analyst will gather data, conduct research and analysis, prepare and deliver presentations and represent AdvanceCT at meetings and conferences. Research and analysis will support economic development projects such as:
- Demographic, economic and fiscal trend analyses, key findings and implications
- Business intelligence and trend analysis
- Industry, supply chain, and workforce analysis
- Surveys to gauge perceptions of business climate or awareness of issues
- Data development and presentation to support business cases
- Benchmarking and best practice studies of regional or local economic performance
- Statistical model design to determine correlations and other relationships among data
Desired Candidate Qualifications
We are seeking individuals with proven analytical capabilities and excellent written and verbal communication skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, business or a related field and a minimum of 4 years prior professional analyst or like experience or an advanced degree is desired. A working knowledge of business and economic data sources, experience with visualization software and regression model software (such as STATA) and fluency with MS Office, particularly excel and powerpoint, are preferred. The ability to distill and synthesize complex information, summarize key insights, and clearly communicate conclusions is essential.