Research Analysis Specialist – Economic Analyst
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) is the State of Minnesota’s principal economic development agency. DEED’s mission is simple: to empower the growth of the Minnesota economy, for everyone.
Our state’s economy is diverse and dynamic, enriched by creative entrepreneurs, established Fortune 500 companies, and a labor force that brings the Minnesota values of hard work and integrity to work every day. The unique role of DEED is to empower businesses and workers to grow our economy by building partnerships, planning for long term growth, and creating opportunity for workers from all backgrounds and experiences.
We are driven to find talented and innovative public servants, motivated by the opportunity to serve businesses, people, and the greater good. At DEED you will join a diverse team, inspired by challenging work and united by shared values that guide our work every day.
At DEED we live our values by; focusing on the customer, communicating early and often, seeking solutions, creating inclusion, encouraging new ideas, and being gracious.
This position exists to provide economic analysis that supports the formulation of state policies that promote the growth and development of Minnesota’s economy. The position also assists with development of tools, analyses and recommendations necessary for the development and evaluation of development proposals, programs and policies. Some of the major tasks are to provide analysis to encourage businesses to locate and expand in Minnesota, conduct economic analyses of Minnesota’s economy, conduct research to identify and assess key factors relating to performance of the state’s economy; aid clients in the design and evaluation of programs, and provide analytic assistance to the public and internal and external clients.
1. Provide information and analysis to encourage businesses to locate and expand in Minnesota.
2. Conduct analysis of projects, policies, issues and programs for their effect on the growth of the Minnesota economy.
3. Conduct analysis of Minnesota and U.S. economic trends to identify long-and short-term impact on business and economic development.
4. Independently and with teams, aid clients in the design and evaluation of programs.
5. Provide general analytic assistance within Economic Assistance Unit, Communications and Research Department, other state agencies and the general public.