Market Intelligence Specialist
Do you enjoy research and analytical work. Pinellas County’s Economic Development department has the ideal job!!
This position serves as the principal resource for research and analytical work for economic development to implement short- and long-term strategies for redevelopment and job creation/retention in support of Pinellas County’s strategic plan. The position responds to the research needs of internal and external customers by compiling, maintaining, analyzing, explaining and presenting demographic, economic, employment and unemployment, industry, occupational, real estate, development, business and other types of data.
- Extensive interactions and communication with internal and external customers to provide research services; and identify current and future research needs.
- Research, compile, analyze and explain demographic, economic, employment, occupational, industry, real estate, development, business and other types of data.
- Utilize databases, government data sources, GIS applications, third-party tools, printed materials & internet/electronic resources.
- Conduct statistical, analytical and market research; identify, interpret and explain activity, patterns, and trends; and generate reports in a clear, organized and concise manner.
- Researches and compiles reports of real estate sites and buildings, and county-wide development projects updates.
- Present data, trends, research and analysis in a variety of formats including reports, maps, charts, graphs and graphics.
- Conduct and present economic and fiscal impact analyses.
- Write concise and effective briefs, reports, white papers, and presentations
- Create and update documents for the “Data Center” section, and other content on the department’s website.
- Represent the department at meetings/conferences/teleconferences and participate on committee/task forces related to ED and research.
- Contribute to the design of surveys, oversee survey administration, quality control of survey data and generate analysis using survey software, as needed.
- Complete regular and special projects, and various duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative and technology support as needed, including assisting with Information Technology needs.
Position Specific Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Math or related field and 2 years economic development research or related research experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid State of Florida Driver’s License upon hire with eligibility based upon evaluation of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) driving report.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Ability to locate, use and analyze data from research resources related to Economic Development including Unemployment Data/ES202, Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, CoStar, ESRI Community Analyst, EMSI, Property Appraiser, Info USA, Social Explorer, Industry NAICS codes, Import/Export and Foreign Direct Investment.
- Ability to present data, trends, research and analysis in a variety of formats including reports, maps, charts, graphs, graphics, and online including with interactive tools including data visualizations.
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, or R.
- Experience using data visualization software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or R.
- Experience conducting economic impact modeling with tools such as RIMS II and IMPLAN
- Knowledge of recent developments, current literature and sources of information regarding community and economic development research practices.
- Knowledge of economics and public finance as it applies to economic development.
- Knowledge of public and private sector organizations with special emphasis in county and municipal government interaction to promote economic development.
- Knowledge of private and public sector economic development policies and practices.
- Ability to apply computer applications and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.