Labor Market Information (LMI) Specialist
The Labor Market Information (LMI) Specialist is responsible for analyzing data from a variety of federal, state, and local resources to provide insightful reporting and information, to assist the workforce community.
• Analyzing data to provide informed insights to a diverse audience that includes various levels of the
• Collects accurate data and provides thorough analysis of industrial and occupational changes and trends in
Georgia’s labor market.
• Researching information to inform policy decisions or strategic objectives.
• Serving as a focal point as a subject matter expert on labor market information sources.
• Keeps abreast of developments and impending federal and state directives related to labor market trends,
analysis techniques, and reporting requirements.
• Collaborating with other staff to advocate on behalf of assigned initiatives and programmatic subject matter; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree required in a relevant field *and* Three (3) years of relevant work experience.
– or –
Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field *and* One (1) year of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) and/or related Wagner-Peyser (WP) Act.
• Knowledge of state and federal statistical sources, including those reported by BLS, Georgia Dept of Labor,
and United States Census Bureau, etc.
• Considerable experience with Excel, Arc GIS, Stata, or other statistical software.
• Experience with policy analysis and producing written deliverables.
• Experience with public speaking or developing training seminars.
• Experience with multi-tasking.
• Time and task management skills
• Intermediate computer skills and ability to adapt to job-related software programs
• Organizational skills
• Project management skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Skills in interpersonal relations and customer service
• Decision making and problem-solving skills