The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. We are dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters.
The Work You Will Do:
This position serves as the administrator overseeing the Economic Research and Analysis unit in the Bureau of Workforce Statistics and Economic Research. The incumbent will supervise a team of 12 economists and researchers and guide research projects to inform agency policies and initiatives.
The Difference You Will Make:
The Economic Research and Analysis team produces data products that are used by jobseekers, employers, government agencies, and other key stakeholders to inform critical decisions about Florida’s labor market.
How You Will Grow:
DEO encourages its employees to constantly innovate and seek efficiencies. Trainings are made available throughout the year and on request with our Office of HR Training and with our Division of Workforce Training Unit. In accordance with DEO’s Vision and Mission, the employee:
- Furthers Florida’s economic vision by providing support that enhances the economy and develops, safe, and healthy communities.
- Meets customer/client expectations with an emphasis on responsiveness, quality, quantity, and timeliness of work.
- Provides information clearly, accurately, and succinctly; and also exhibits good listening skills.
- Works collaboratively to optimize the effectiveness of DEO’s available resources and tools.
- Uses knowledge acquired through education, training, or experience to complete tasks.