This job is responsible for coordination of economic research, proposal development activities, state economic development incentives and policy related to competitive economic development projects. This job will require relationships with state, regional and local economic development partners to help promote Florida as the premiere business destination.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS:
- Perform research and data collection, economic, statistical and demographic analysis using various techniques and methodologies.
Assist in the preparation of responses, to information requests, including Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and prepare formal financial incentive valuations and letters for clients and consultants
- Brainstorm and help the team “translate” data into information that can be utilized by the non-researcher for marketing purposes.
- Conduct research on various business costs, regulatory requirements and financial incentives-related issues (labor force, tax, utilities, quality of life, community/state incentives & real estate).
- Research and develop reports on economic development policy, relating to Florida’s targeted industry sectors and other economic development issues.
- Effectively communicate, address questions and resolve issues regarding financial incentives procedures, policies, and decisions to businesses, partners, and consultants.
- Coordinate with state agencies including but not limited to Department of Economic Opportunity, Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Department of Revenue, and Career Source Florida.
- Regularly update information relating to incentive and project information, state financial incentive information sheets, and targeted industry information.
- Build relationships with other researchers at local economic development organizations.